Monday, April 19, 2010

Blog 10- Why I said what I said to Dafney Figaro and Eduardo Morales

The first blog I commented on was Dafney Figaro's ad, which was on a video game. I commented that she took a very good angle on the ad because it was geared towards men and even though the game has very little to do with women and more with racing, it's main focus is a provocative woman. The ad analysis mainly describes this woman which is good because the background is blurred causing her to stand out even more. The ad is very well analyzed and describes exactly what the viewer should be looking at since the general audience for the game will be men.

Second I commented on Eduardo Morales's blog. While his ad analysis was very descriptive and well written I felt that he should have talked about the text on the ad more. While the image of the ad was described thoroughly in the analysis that focused mainly on the male viewers, a dominant male standing tall; the shot is taken from a downward angle to show a woman on the floor with the man towering over her in dominance. The text implies that the man and woman were recently in a relationship and I feel like that probably would aim at a different type of viewer, possibly females. However the ad analysis was still very thorough and well written.

Being a stranger commenting on a blog did not affect me but I feel like it might affect how my comment is viewed, since the people have no clue who I am. While critiquing I learned to focus on positive and negative feedback. If you give a little of both I feel that the receiver is more likely to take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment